[IDD #TAK-151063]: Feedsite request -- lightning data

> Hello,

Hello again Baird,

> I was in contact with Unidata support (Jeff and Tom) a couple of months ago
> trying to get access to the lightning data sets (LDM/IDD).  I work in the
> Geo department at Brown Univ. and the firewall settings were preventing this
> from going through.

Yes, we remember :)

> I was able to get an order in to change the firewall settings, and the
> holidays put this on hold for a very long time.  I got word back in January
> that this has been changed now, with the ethernet port I'm plugged into now
> operating under the "136 subnet."  I'm not exactly sure what this means

Probably have better access to the outside world on that sub-net (a guess)

> (I've been told that LDM needs access to port 388, and the systems
> administrator in the department seems to think this will work?).

Yes, the LDM runs by default on port 388

> My information is below; please let me know if this is correct, or if I need
> to take further steps.  I have LDM up and running on my system, so I will
> wait for a response this afternoon or tomorrow.

Sounds good, I will cc you on my message to SUNY-Albany for the feed request.

> Thanks!
> Baird Langenbrunner
>

> machine name:   mm108-lang2.geo.brown.edu
> ( IP address:  128.148.136.21 )
> Feedtype request:  LIGHTNING (or) FT14

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support