[IDD #KUZ-323197]: IDD data feed issues

Hi Garry,

Here is the URL path down to the IDD real time statistics web pages
we have been talking about in our call this morning:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  IDD
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/

    Real-time IDD Statistics
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

      Statistics by Host
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

If/when your machine reports statistics, it would show up in the last
page.  The kind of information that is then available is best illustrated
by information from any other site.  For example, the following page
would be shown if you clicked on the name of my workstation:

yakov.unidata.ucar.edu
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?yakov.unidata.ucar.edu

Real-time Statistics for yakov.unidata.ucar.edu [ LDM 6.8.1 ]
FEED NAME

FNEXRAD     latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
FSL2        latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
HDS         latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
IDS|DDPLUS  latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
LIGHTNING   latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
NEXRAD3     latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
NGRID       latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
NIMAGE      latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology
UNIWISC     latency     log(latency)    histogram       volume  products
topology

Cumulative volume summary Cumulative volume summary Graph

Each item in the table shown is a link to another page which shows useful
information about the feed in question:

latency      - time difference between receipt of products and when the products
               were first added to the IDD
log(latency) - different way of displaying latency
histogram    - histogram of latency
volume       - how much data was received in that feed by hour
products     - number of data products received in that feed by hour
topology     - how the products got to the machine in question

We use the latency and volume information to help users troubleshoot
their connections.  The topology link allows a site to trace back
where latencies are introduced.

In short, the real time statistics information is very useful for
us AND for our users.  It allows one to easily see how well data
is flowing to a receive site; how much network bandwidth is being
used by that site; etc.

Ticket ID: KUZ-323197
Department: Support IDD