[IDD #DSF-516290]: problem with NNEXRAD feed from idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Hi Greg,

re:
> Thanks for following up. I'm trying to get more people involved
> in this so hopefully we can get to the bottom of what is going on.

Excellent.  The latencies anyone in UCAR/NCAR should see from
feeds from idd.unidata.ucar.edu should be as close to zero
imaginable.  The "good" latencies you were seeing for the NEXRAD3
data (1000s) were, quite frankly, unacceptable.

re:
> Attached s our ldmd.conf file.

Thanks.  I will review this tonight or tomorrow and get back to
you.

> Incidentally Mark and I realized
> earlier today that when the data directories were moved, the product
> queue was also moved from a local disk to an NFS-mounted one.

Ah Ha!  This is a BIG no-no on pretty much every system the LDM
runs on!!  I just took a look at latencies for the NGRID feed
for ingest.eol, and then are now essentially zero.  Looks like
you found the smoking gun :-)

> created a new product queue on a local disk to ingest and restarted
> the ldm around 12noon today, that may have resolved the latency issue
> looking at the latest iddstats for our system.

Excellent.

I will still review your ldmd.conf file to see if there is anything
that can be done there to either combine or split feed requests
to make things more efficient.

Ticket ID: DSF-516290
Department: Support IDD