[TIGGE #CZX-469246]: Fwd: tdssingest, CAVES on DSG's VM

Doug,

> I've got a couple of questions regarding a test ldm ingest system for
> TIGGE data.
>
> We're trying to run a ldm ingester (ingest data and write to disk
> only), without any relay needs,
> on a linux virtual machine.  The way ldm is configured, I think the
> queue is remaining completely in memory (500mb
> on a 6 GB memory system), but is there a way to guarantee that the
> queue resides only in memory without swapping
> to disk?  We're seeing numerous missing fields on the output disk, and
> trying to determine if it is a problem with getting products
> out of the queue before they are purged because of local disk issues,
> or because of features regarding the destination disk.
> The queue is located on local disk, and we're trying to get pqact to
> write files out of the queue to
> a gpfs mounted disk system that provides the necessary capacity for
> TIGGE data.
>
> Warning messages of this type have been written in the logs:

The warning from pqact(1) about having processed the oldest product in the
queue is definitive.  It means that, while pqact(1) was processing the oldest
product, the second-oldest product was likely deleted in order to make room for
an incoming product.

You need to either increase the size of the queue (hoping that pqact(1) can
keep up with the incoming data flow on average), decrease the rate at which
data arrives (by reducing the REQUEST, for example), or increase the speed of
pqact(1).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CZX-469246