[IDDAntarctic #HUX-629476]: FW: CHS-LDM Rebuild

Hi Cork,

re:
> How have you been? Could be better our way...

Things are going pretty well here.  We are in the final stages of our
two week long series of training workshops, and they have gone nicely
so far.

> We are trying to get our port exception done before next week and SPAWAR
> came back with emails on things we have to fix and blah blah blah.

:-)

> We are attempting to do a new ldm build on a fresh RHEL5 machine that is
> newly installed and updated and are having some issues. I remember
> there were 2 things we had to install that were not on the basic
> linux build that ldm was dependent on... do you happen to know what
> those were?

You will need to have installed:

- development environment (gcc in particular)
- byacc (for yacc)
- sysstat (for metrics gathering and displaying)
- gnuplot (for metrics displaying)

> Also, while trying to run the install script in /usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.8.0
> it is not going through successfully. Attached are the 2 files,
> config.log and configure.log.

Unfortunately, the log files you attached were not much help:

- config.log was empty
- configure.log was short and pointed to config.log:

% cat configure.log
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking for ...-c89... /usr/gnu/bin/gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: in `/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.8.0/src':
See `config.log' for more details.

Please report back the output from the following:

<as 'ldm' on the new machine>

cd ~ldm
cd ldm-6.8.0/src
make distclean

- run configure:

  Standard UNIX® (e.g. sh, ksh, bash)  ./configure ... >configure.log 2>&1
  csh-like (e.g. csh, tcsh)            ./configure  ... >&! configure.log

  Send the output of that configure run.

Also, please do the following:

gcc --version

AND:

ls -alt ~ldm

Comment:

- I am guessing that you may have downloaded and/or unpacked the LDM
  distribution as 'root' and you are trying to build as 'ldm'.
  I say this solely based on the comment from the configure.log file
  you sent in:

re:
> I could not find the UCAR help desk email
> address, so if you know their address or if you could help out any I would
> appreciate it!

The email address appropriate for your questions is:

address@hidden

If you are not really sure which "department" to send your support inquiry
to, you can always use:

address@hidden

> Thanks!

No worries.