[IDD #GIC-297009]: LDM Connection Issues

Hi Chris,

re:
> After starting up LDM I receive the following errors:  ERROR:
> Disconnecting due to LDM failure; nullproc_6 failure to rainbow
> .al.noaa.gov; RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer
>
> I  recently set up this new server with two network interfaces:
> boraldm.mscd.edu and bora.mscd.edu.  Boraldm was added to the allow
> lists for rainbow.al.noaa.gov. See ticket #JJD-157492. However, the
> requests for connections go out on the
> bora.mscd.edu(147.153.45.29)interface. Will you please add
> bora.mscd.edu(147.153.45.29) to the allow list.

I just added bora.mscd.edu to the list of machines that are ALLOWed
to request data from rainbow.al.noaa.gov.

> I believe this is the cause of above the error.  Please let me know if
> you have any other suggestions.

I am not sure that this is the problem.  If you were not ALLOWed to
request data, you would get a Denying message in your ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log
file.  But, let's see what happens after the ALLOW change on rainbow
first.

Ticket ID: GIC-297009
Department: Support IDD