[IDD #ZKP-879129]: TDWR ingest and into gempak

Hi Brian,

re:
> I have been searching around the Unidata site and support emails looking
> for some instructions to ingest some of level3 TDWR radar sites, and how
> to get them into GEMPAK. I have been unable to find any examples like the
> needed ldmd.conf and pqact lines and gempak setup. If this info exists
> online, can you please forward to me.

The TDWR radar data is included in the NEXRAD Level III feed (feedtype NEXRAD3
in LDM-6.7+ or NNEXRAD or NEXRAD in older versions of the LDM).  If you are
already ingesting the NEXRAD Level III feed, you are already receiving the TWDR
radar data.

> Sorry, if I missed it. If a
> location exists on the Unidata webpage that has a list of new data sources
> and the needed ldmd.conf and pqacts to get going, I really need to find
> this and bookmark this.

Actually, the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST line for NEXRAD Level III data:

request NEXRAD ".*" upstream_feed_host

and the pattern-action file action included in recent GEMPAK releases
should work fine for you.  Here is what I see from GEMPAK 5.11.x:

# Use this action to file everything
NEXRAD  ^SDUS[2357]. .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(...)(...)
        FILE    -overwrite      -close
data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/\5/\4/\4_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\2\3

We are using this GEMPAK action on our GEMPAK test machine here in the
UPC and are processing all of the TDWR that has been added to NOAAPort.

Some TDWR products are the same as for NEXRAD Level III products, and some
are different.  The list of product types for each are:

NEXRAD Level III products:

DHR
DPA
DSP
N0R
N0S
N0V
N0Z
N1P
N1R
N1S
N1V
N2R
N3R
NCR
NTP
NVL
NVW

TDWR products:

DHR
DPA
DSP
N1P
NCR
NET
NMD
NTP
NVL
NVW
TR0
TR1
TR2
TV0
TV1
TV2
TZL

You will need to use the GEMPAK 5.11.4 release to be able to display the
TDWR data.

> Thank you for your time.

No worries.

Ticket ID: ZKP-879129