[McIDAS #IWW-642097]: Canadian Radar Imagery

Hi Russ,

re: limited Canadian radar data from Pelmorex

> So, the data is FREELY available and can be incorporated into ...
> oh lets say... A weather website like the PAW. Is that correct?

I believe so, yes.  The data has been available in the IDD EXP feed
for quite some time.  I found no comments by Chiz that the data was
not to be used, so I am 99% sure that it is open to use.  Since it
is in the IDD, it is, of course, free.

> If so, I may give this a shot.

Sounds good.  I will search around to see if I can find any info
on which Z-R relationship(s) that Chiz got from the Pelmorex guys
to use in converting the data back to reflectivity (if reflectivity
is what you are looking to display).

I hope you noted that I corrected the name of the company that we are
getting the data from: Pelmorex, not PMEL (which is a NOAA group).

Ticket ID: IWW-642097
Department: Support IDD