[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

I'm helping out with the LDM workshop at the moment...

re:
> Is there a way to ensure that:
> 1 We're requesting all of the model output data.  I assume that we
>   are, since we're making a pretty "broad" request.

Model output is available in the following IDD datasteams:

HDS     <- "low" resolution model data in NOAAPort (GRIB1 and GRIB2)
NGRID   <- "high" resolution model data in NOAAPort (GRIB2)
CONDUIT <- high resolution model data from NCEP (not in NOAAPort)
FNMOC   <- point-to-point feed of Fleet Numerical model data (not currently
available)
GEM     <- point-to-point feed of model data from the Canadian Met. Center

You will be requesting _all_ model data available when you are requesting all
of the data products (".*" in an ldmd.conf 'request' line) in all of these data
feeds.

Your previous comment about the pipe from Creighton to UNL being 10 Mbps
automatically
means that you do not have the bandwidth to get all of the model data that is
available.

> 2 The upstream datasource has all of the data, and is transmitting all
>   the data, that we're requesting.

Upper level IDD relay nodes are setup to request all products from the various
datastreams that they support.  The upper level relay at UNL, idd.unl.edu, is
receiving all of the data in the datastreams that they are relaying.  You can
be assured that they are receiving everything that they should be
_if_ the latencies for their ingest are low.

> Is there some tool/utility/command that can be run to get a human-readable
> list of ALL of the products that SHOULD be hitting our LDM box?

You can use the LDM 'notifyme' utility to contact your upsteam feed sites (one
notifyme invocation per site) and list out the products they are receiving.
This output can be written into a log file which can then be reviewed later.
The 'notifyme' listing contains the product IDs, date/time received, etc.  It
does not contain an explanation for what the products are, however.

It is too bad you are not here at the LDM workshop now as these types of
questions
are what are being discussed.

> Thanks.

Please let me know if the above was the kind of information you were looking
for.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD