[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

re:
> Well, I BROKE IT!  I went ahead and:
> Installed GEMPAK5.11.1 in the /home/gempak directory.

Very good.

> Changed permissions so that LDM can read everything there.

OK.

> Changed things to point to that directory in LDM.

By "things", do you mean that you modified the actions in the
~ldm/etc/pqact.gempak* pattern-action files?

> Reran gen_pqact.csh

OK, did you incorporate the newly created pattern-action files in
to your LDM environment (i.e., make sure that the recommended additions
to ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf were made and the pqact.gempak* pattern-action
files were copied to ~ldm/etc)?

> Restarted LDM
>
> It said that all of the files were syntactically correct and there aren't
> any errors in ldmd.conf,

This is good.

> related to that, but my decoders are saying that can't open or write files.

Sounds like a directory or file read permission problem.

> The files that they refer to appear to exist though.  I'm baffled.
> The permissions on the data directories haven't been changed or anything.
> I assume that I messed something up (obviously), but I can't figure out what
> it is!  I checked my Gemenviron file against the old one and can't see where
> that would be messed up.
>
> Help!

Can you give us the login info for your 'gempak' user?

> This may or may not (probably is) related, but I can't get gen_pqact.csh
> to create new pqact files in ldm/etc directory by running it: $NAWIPS/ etc.
> I have to type /home/gempak/ etc.  It finds and runs the script the first
> way, but it doesn't actually create the files.  The second way finds it,
> runs it, and creates the files.  I would assume that since the $NAWIPS
> variable doesn't seem to work correctly, that that's possibly causing the
> problem...

The script is intended to be run as 'gempak' from a 'gempak' login in
the ~gempak directory.  The pqact.gempak* pattern-action files are then
to be copied to the ~ldm/etc directory and the ldmd.conf entries that are
listed should be cut and pasted into ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

The other thing that is "standard" to do is copy all of the GEMPAK decoders
(~gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin/dc*) to a directory in the PATH of the 'ldm'.
We typically create the ~ldm/decoders and ~ldm/util directories and add
them to the PATH of 'ldm'.  We then copy the GEMPAK decoders to ~ldm/decoders.

If you give us the password for 'gempak', we can take a look and get things
running.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support Datastream