[Staging #NGZ-668874]: RE: Requesting LDM access for FNMOC feed.

> I'm seeing some strange behavior.
>
> I have setup shu.cup.edu to allow 'ANY' feed request to shu1.cup.edu
> (158.83.1.171), and I have added a single request of 'REQUEST ANY ".*"
> shu.cup.edu' to the ldmd.conf of shu1, however our network monitors show that
> there is only about 3.5 Mbit transfer rate between shu and shu1.  This is
> confusing, because I'm seeing about an 18.6 Mbit transfer rate between shu
> and the outside world.
>
> It is also strange that if I perform the following:
> notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -h ldm.meteo.psu.edu -o 3600
> I get a flow of responses from shu, however if I execute following on shu1:
> notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -h shu.cup.edu -o 3600
> I get nothing.
>
> Are there certain feeds flagged as 'non-forwarded' so that shu cannot accept
> 'request' entries for them?
>
> P.S. I have eliminated the NGRID data request from shu.cup.edu, however the
> dataflow doesn't seem to have decreased very much.

Hi Samuel,

All feeds are treated alike in the IDD/LDM world. I suspect there may be
firewall issues or volume throttling occurring locally. We can offer you a feed
from our machine to shu1 to verify any local issues. I would contact your
network folks first to see if they can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Jeff

Many sites use the LDM internally and have not experienced this issue.
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: NGZ-668874