Re: FW: [ldm-users] NOGAPS LDM feed dead?

Hi Mark,

Gosh, I'm so sorry. I just sent Mike Clancy a note indicating that Unidata had not heard from anybody at FNMOC, and we were wondering what was happening there wrt the server that was serving up the NOGAPS data. Somehow your message to me got lost in my queue, and I just now found it. If I hear from Mike or if you see him, please let him know that I had this problem.

Anyway, wrt the servers, is there something Unidata LDM support can do? They have been known to work miracles remotely, and I'll bet they could provide a lot of help to you. As you probably know, this collaborative project has been very important to the Unidata user community, and this time of year, with hurricane season upon us, the data are in demand even more than ever.

Please let address@hidden know what the server's ailments are, or if they need upgrading, and I'm sure they can help you. That's what we're here for!

Thanks so much for the email, and again, my apologies for missing your email. I'll send Bob Creasey a note of thanks for pinging you.

Linda

Ignaszewski, Mark J CIV 63134 wrote:
Linda,
Bob Creasey forwarded an e-mail of yours to me today. At this point in time, good POCs for the Godae server and all its issues are myself and Chuck Skupniewicz (address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>). We should have another person working on these issues again soon also. Generally, I am trying to keep things alive and kicking on the servers. Unfortunately, with Phil Sharfstein's departure, we lost a LOT of corporate knowledge. I will do anything I can -- and tap you for as much information as I can -- to get/keep LDM going on the servers. Regards,
Mark
Mark Ignaszewski
Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center
Models and Data Team
7 Grace Hopper Avenue
Monterey, CA 93943
USA
Voice: (+1) 831-656-4370 -- Fax: (+1) 831-656-4363
E-mail: address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>