[IDD #PZS-219423]: About the other machine displaying data...

Hi Marcial,

re:
> How are you?

I am well, thank you.  I hope you are well and enjoying life also!

> I was in Virginia Beach 2 weeks ago, in a science meeting, it was cold
> but never as cold as Boulder (hope to see it soon).

Boulder is very warm at the moment.  People are jogging in shorts and
Tshirts, riding bikes, etc.  The skiing is also still very good.  In fact,
I will be up skiing on Thursday and next Monday.

> I would like to be able to download data to another machine, the ip is
> 163.178.127.27, I will use this only if frank stops downloading.

OK.

Questions:

- is this machine currently up and running
- is there forward and reverse name lookup for the machine
  - if yes, what is the machine's name
  - if no, what would like to name this machine (we will add an entry in our
/etc/hosts file
    on our IDD relay machine(s)
- what OS is the machine running (just curious)

> I am not sure if this should be done directly to someone else, if this
> is the case please let me know.

It would be best if this class of message was sent directly to:

address@hidden

Messages sent to package specific email addresses automatically get put in our
inquiry tracking system and are easier for us to deal with.

Some examples of package-specific email addresses:

GEMPAK   -> address@hidden
LDM      -> address@hidden
McIDAS   -> address@hidden
IDD      -> address@hidden
NOAAport -> address@hidden
etc.

The complete list of topic-specific email addresses can be found in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/topics.jsp

Ticket ID: PZS-219423
Department: Support IDD