[IDD #FBU-394735]: LDM Upstream Site Authorization Info Request

Chad,

> Still hadn't heard anything on our last difficulty compiling udunits.
> As we are facing a deadline related to these issues, I wanted to pass
> the error log along again for our review.
>
> Your help continues to help us progress and is very appreciated.
> Unfortunately, it seems that as we resolve each compilation error,
> another pops up.
>
> Latest log is attached.

The log file contained the following:

gcc  -shared UDUNITS.o  -o blib/arch/auto/UDUNITS/UDUNITS.so
-L/var/tmp/udunits-1.12.4/src/perl/../lib -ludunits -lm
/usr/bin/ld: /var/tmp/udunits-1.12.4/src/perl/../lib/libudunits.a(utlib.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
with -fPIC
/var/tmp/udunits-1.12.4/src/perl/../lib/libudunits.a: could not read symbols:
Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [blib/arch/auto/UDUNITS/UDUNITS.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/udunits-1.12.4/src/perl'
make: *** [perl/dynamic] Error 1

It appears that the "-fPIC" option need to be included in the
CFLAGS environment variable before the "configure" script is
executed.

Please try the following:

1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

3.  Set your environment variables as before.

4.  Ensure that the environment variable CFLAGS contains the
string "-fPIC".

5.  Execute the "configure" script.

6.  If the previous step succeeds, then execute the command
"make".

7.  If the previous step succeeds, then execute the command
"make test".

8.  If the previous step succeeds, then execute the command
"make install".  You might have to do this as root.

Please keep me apprised.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FBU-394735