[IDD #QOE-965761]: ldm stats question

Hi Jerry,

re:
> We upgraded our NOAAport DVB ingestors to the latest ldm and noaaport code.

Excellent.  I trust that the upgrade went smoothly...

> We have been looking at some of the IDD stats for those machines
> to discern the change.
>
> I have a couple questions.
>
> On the bar graphs, what does the solid black line indicate? Is that
> an average from other sites?

The solid black line should represent the _sum_ of volume for all sites.

> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?HDS+stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu
>
> On one of our machines, it was pointing at unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu and
> dvb2.ssec.wisc.edu for HDS.
> When we pointed just to dvb2, the number of products increased.  Shouldn't
> they have not changed or went down, since unidata2 should have back filled
> missed data?
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?HDS+hutch.ssec.wisc.edu

In the situation where there is no second receipt of product already received
(seen when products with high latency are received after the originally received
copies have been scoured from the LDM queue), the summation line should not
change.
The HDS number of products link you sent for stimpy looks incorrect.  I will
ask Chiz what the likely cause of the incorrect summation is and get back to
you.

Ticket ID: QOE-965761
Department: Support IDD