[IDD #LXG-308010]: Request of IDD connection

Hi Luis,

re:
> we are a research institution interested in the analysis of weather
> conditions over northwestern Mexico; in particular, over Baja
> California. This includes the study of warm- amd cold-season
> systems.

I have been waiting for you to re-initiate an IDD feed at CICESE!

> In the past, we used LDM and had an IDD feed. However, a new
> version of LDM has been installed in our computer and we are
> ready to initiate tests with an IDD connection. Below is
> the requested information and feel free to let me know
> of any additional information we need to provide.

To begin with, please direct your feed requests to the IDD node at UCSD:

aeolus.ucsd.edu

Aeolus is setup to relay a large fraction of the unrestricted data available in
the IDD. The NOGAPS feed, however, is one for which you will need to get a
point-to-point
feed from FNMOC.  We will send an email to the LDM site administrator at FNMOC
to see if
your machine can been allowed for this data.

You can see the feeds that it supports in realtime statistics displays as
follows:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucr.edu

  Tools->IDD
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/

    Real-Time IDD statistics
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

    Statistics by Host
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

      aeolus.ucsd.edu
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?aeolus.ucsd.edu

To see what fraction of any particular feed that aeolus is receiving, compare
a 'volume' plot for a particular feed (the 'volume' link in the last page
above) with
a 'volume' plot for the toplevel IDD server maintained by Unidata in Boulder,
CO:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Please let us know if you are/are not successful in feeding from
aeolus.ucsd.edu.
The first step in this process would be to use the LDM utilities 'ldmping' and
'notifyme' to see if you can reach aeolus and if it will allow your feed
requests:

<as 'ldm' on  calafia.cicese.mx>
cd ~ldm
ldmping aeolus.ucsd.edu