[TIGGE #XLU-757491]: tigge ldm server specs

Hi Doug,

re:
> Thanks for the info!

No worries.

> Does the attached sketch accurately depict what you've described?

Yes, but I reiterate that you might be forced into running more collector
machines as there are more and more modeling centers sending ensemble data
to the archive centers.

One of the tuning objectives we learned in our pre-cluster investigations
that it is important to try and _minimize_ the number of requests being
made on a machine since this minimizes write lock contention in the LDM
queue.  At the same time, of course, one needs to increase the number
of requests in order to minimize the latency seen on received products.
In a steady state system (a system where the number of requests for data
and requests to send data does not change much), one can adjust the
number of data requests for maximum system performance fairly quickly.

Ticket ID: XLU-757491
Department: Support IDD TIGGE