[Support #GNI-177943]: Re: tigge config @ cma

YangXin,

> It's great news. Just one thing, the port 8080 is usually used for WWW
> Services, are we going to use this port 8080 in our LDM Production
> environment or just for test? Is there any consideration should be taken into
> account when choosing a port number?

Ideally, the well-known LDM port should be used (388).  It appears from
the test, however, that traffic from this port is not allowed to
proceed unimpeded to your computer system because the use of
port 8080 resulted in much greater initial throughput than the use of
port 388.  It also appears that LDM traffic from port 8080 was also
eventually impeded because later throughput using that port is less
than the initial throughput.

Can you discuss these issues with your Internet Service Provider?

> By the way, maybe I did not have a good understanding about the chart showing
> the statistics following the URL you sent me. I guess the green bars are
> those reflect the data transfer between CMA and Ultrazone on your tests. But
> the legend says "tigge-ldm.ecmwf.int_v_ultrazone.ucar.edu" while I expect
> "tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn_v_ultrazone.ucar.edu". What is the actual meanings for
> each item on the legend?

Because of intermediate LDM-s, there are many paths for data to flow
from a data source to a data sink.  The color coding of the graphs
attempts to display this information.  The identifier
"tigge-ldm.ecmwf.int_v_ultrazone.ucar.edu" indicates that the source
of the data was host "tigge-ldm.ecmwf.int" and that the host from
which the CMA LDM received this data was "ultrazone.ucar.edu" (i.e.,
it was the immediately upstream LDM host).  Click on the "topology"
link to see the paths by which the CMA LDM receives data.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: GNI-177943
Department: Support IDD TIGGE