[TIGGE #YSF-211129]: TCP tuning for TIGGE tuning

Hi YangXin,

That's great news!  As soon as we have accounts in place at all the transfer
sites,
hopefully we could complete testing in a few weeks.  Please allow access from
the
system zero.unidata.ucar.edu (128.117.140.56).

Thanks for the bandwidth information and the account access!

Best Regards,

mike

> Hi, Mike,
>
> Usually, users from internet are not allowed to directly access systems with
> our DMZ,
> but our networking division told me they can temporarily authorize the SSH
> permission
> for a period of time during which you help us to test the data transfer.
>
> Would you please provide us two information:
>
> 1. How much time do you need to do it? A few days, or a few weeks?
> 2. The Global IP Address of the machine which you use to access our system.
>
> Sun Haiyan, who is working for our networking division, has been involved in
> the work
> of TIGGE Program in CMA. She told me that the bandwidth between my LDM Server
> machine
> and ISP is 100Mbps.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> YangXin,
> Mar 1.
>

> ======= 2007-02-21 09:15:16 you wrote: =======
>
> >Hi YangXin,
> >
> >Would it be possible for me to have access to an account on your tigge
> >system for testing?  Ideally, it would be
> >useful for me to have an account on all three tigge nodes exchanging data.
> >I can make good progress with a user
> >level account, but the ability to su/sudo root would also be helpful.
> >
> >If you know or could inquire about the network connections (bandwidth) this
> >machine has to your network and to
> >the external network, that information would be valuable?
> >
> >For now, it should be safe to leave the changed kernel variables in place.
> >
> >mike

Ticket ID: YSF-211129
Department: Support IDD TIGGE