[Support #CMG-104981]: ldmadmin stop

Doug,

> I'm having problems getting the ldmadmin stop command to halt all
> processes on
> ultrazone with version 6.5.  Is there a new feature that may be
> causing this?

LDM 6.5 uses a synchronous termination process, which means that it
can take longer to terminate than earlier versions but is less
likely to exhibit mysterious behavior (such as crashing) because
it no longer relies on the undefined behavior implicit in the
previously-used asynchronous termination.

The LDM on idd.cise-nsf.gov can take almost 5 minutes to terminate.

You can run the "ldmadmin stop" command in one window and tail
the LDM log file in another to see what's happening.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CMG-104981
Department: Support IDD TIGGE