[LDM #OGC-117993]: Failed to get data from idd.cise-nsf.gov

David,

> Look like there are data coming, but I still get the 'Terminating due to LDM
> failure' error
> about every minute from the system log.

The LDM log file on idd.cise-nsf.gov is full of message like

    atm.cise-nsf.gov rcz006.ust.hk(feed)[6715] NOTE: feed or notify failure;
COMINGSOON: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer

which would occur if the TCP layer on host rcz006 sent a RST (reset) packet, and

    atm.cise-nsf.gov rcz006.ust.hk(feed)[22756] NOTE: feed or notify failure;
HEREIS: RPC: Unable to send; errno = Broken pipe

which is a generic error indicating that the connection was broken, somehow.

I suspect that either your host has a bad TCP layer, or that your network is
bad.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OGC-117993