[TIGGE #EVX-684652]: ldm crash

Manuel,

> If you check the output I sent, you can see that the process id of the
> main LDM is 14972. There is no such process in the output of 'ps -elf'.
> Moreover, all rpc.ldmd processes have parent pid 1, ie, they've lost
> their parent process.

You're right.  Sorry.  I don't usually see ps(1) output in that format.

> We have reported before that our LDM is crashing, and this is exactly
> what is happening here. 'ldmadmin stop' will not help, because there is
> no main LDM process. That's why we have to 'kill -9'
>
> Is there any other way to stop those rpc.ldmd processes more gracefully
> so they don't corrupt the product-queue ? (at least, until the problem
> of LDM crashing is fixed...).

Try sending a SIGINT instead of a SIGKILL with the "killall" command.
This should cause all the LDM child processes to terminate gracefully.

I'd really like to know why the top-level LDM server is crashing.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: EVX-684652
Department: Support IDD TIGGE