[TIGGE #FDX-319560]: latency values

Doug,

> I was just wondering if our latency levels are looking OK between
> ECMWF and
> NCAR (ultrazone).  We've been experiencing some slowdowns lately.
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?EXP+ultrazone.ucar.edu+LOG

The latencies on Ultrazone aren't in the one or two second category, but they
aren't
all that bad.

It appears, however, that the basal latency is about 50 seconds and that this
latency
hhas a small discontinuity every 18 hours.  Is the clock on Ultrazone accurate?
 Is it
being reset every 18 hours (by a crontab(1)-executed ntpdate(1), for example)?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FDX-319560
Department: Support IDD TIGGE