[IDD #SQI-828463]: new LDM server

Hi Brian,

re:
> Thanks for the quick reply.

No worries.

> Usually I get the basic HDS,MCIDAS, etc... data upstream from Albany.

OK.

> Just so I know what is available with the
> feed from Unidata, which I believe is the idd.cise-nsf.gov machine??,

All feeds _except_ NLDN, WSI, PCWS, GEM, and NOGAPS are available from
idd.cise-nsf.gov.

> can I test:
>
> HDS
> IDS|DDPLUS
> DDS|IDS
> MCIDAS
> UNIDATA|FSL2
> FNEXRAD
> NNEXRAD
> CONDUIT

Yes.

I don't know how you are requesting the various feeds, but I recommend
that you combine several into individual request lines.  For instance:

request WMO ".*" idd.cise-nsf.gov
request FNEXRAD|FSL2|UNIWISC ".*" idd.cise-nsf.gov
request NNEXRAD ".*" idd.cise-nsf.gov
request CONDUIT ".*" idd.cise-nsf.gov             <- your CONDUIT feed may be
split
                                                     several ways; keep the
split!

The objectives in creating request lines are:

- have as few request lines as possible
- have as many request lines as are needed to keep latencies at a minimum

NOTES on compound feedtypes:

DDS|PPS    == DDPLUS
IDS|DDPLUS == IDS|DDS|PPS
WMO        == IDS|DDPLUS|HDS
UNIDATA    == UNIWISC|WMO             (and UNIWISC is the recommended name for
MCIDAS)

> thanks again.

No worries.

Ticket ID: SQI-828463