[IDD #SQI-828463]: new LDM server

Hi Brian,

re:
> I will soon be moving the LDM operations from our current machine
> (thunder.msrc.sunysb.edu) to a new SUN workstation
> (lightning.msrc.sunysb.edu or 129.49.65.240). During this testing phase,
> can you please give lightning permission for the same data access as
> thunder (except the special NOGAPS and CMC ingest for now), so I can test
> the LDM before we turn off the thunder ingest?

For all machines under our control, this has been done.  If you are receiving
other feeds from non-Unidata sites (e.g., the NLDN lightning data from SUNY
Albany; NOGAPS from FNMOC; GEM data from CMC; etc.), you will need to contact
the LDM administrator at those sites to let him/her know of your request.

> When things are working
> ok, we will retire thunder from the LDM after its 5 years of service.

Very good.

> Thanks,

No worries.

> Brian
> Dr. Brian Colle         INTERNET: address@hidden
> Associate Professor
> (631)632-3174
> Institute for Terrestrial and Planetary Atmospheres
> Marine Sciences Research Center
> Stony Brook University / SUNY
> Stony Brook, NY 11794-5000

Ticket ID: SQI-828463