[IDD #FFC-953121]: Main system memory v. LDM queue size

Hi Justin,

re:
> Thanks for the recommendation on the Sun Fire.  Unfortunately, the V20Z
> has reached its end of life and is now longer orderable.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that the V20Z had reached EOL.  We just bought
a couple off of eBay for pretty cheap.  That should have been a tipoff
for me.

> The next
> generation version which supports 16GB of memory appears to be the
> Sun Fire V40z (the X2100, X4100 and X4200 do not support 16GB).  List
> price on the V40z which supports (and comes with) 16GB of memory is
> $19,000.  I'll have to look more into the edu discount, but I'd be
> surprised if it was enough to get the cost down to $5500 :)

I agree that an educational discount would not drop a price from $19K
down to $5.5K.

I am CCing our system administrator, Mike Schmidt, just in case he
has an updated recommendation.

Ticket ID: FFC-953121
Department: Support IDD