[LDM #JZV-839289]: LDM - ldm is not receiving data

Hi John,

re:
> Jeff:  Please excuse the na�ve response, but what do we need to do to
> start
> receiving the data?  We are still not receiving anything.

Here is what you should do:

1) login to maelstrom2 as the user 'ldm'

2) edit the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file and replicate the 'request' line(s) for
   atm.geo.nsf.gov.  In each of the lines replicated, change 'atm.geo.nsf.gov'
   to 'idd.unidata.ucar.edu'

3) while still editing ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf, change 'atm.geo.nsf.gov' to
   'idd.geo.nsf.gov'

4) as per Jeff's earlier email, make sure that there is an 'exec' line
   that runs rtstats.  This line should look like:

exec   "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu'

   It should be in the section where other 'exec' lines live.

5) if you have an exec line for 'pqbinstats', comment it out:

change:

exec    "pqbinstats"

to:

#exec   "pqbinstats

After making these changes and exiting the editor, do the following to
verify that you can receive data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu:

notifyme -vxl- -f ANY -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

The 'notifyme' invocation should connect to idd.unidata.ucar.edu and then
show what idd.unidata.ucar.edu is receiving.  If you see lots of lines
scrolling by, you are properly allowed by idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Kill
the 'notifyme' invocation by typing CRTL-C (hold down the Ctrl key
while pressing the 'c' key).

If the 'notifyme' invocation was successful, then stop and restart your LDM:

ldmadmin stop
<wait for the LDM to exit you back to the Unix command prompt>
ldmadmin start

You should start receiving data.  If you don't, your LDM queue may be
damaged.  In this case, you would do the following:

ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue -f
ldmadmin start

After data is flowing once again, please _do_ subscribe to the ldm-users email
list (or have someone else at McGill subscribe).  Again, you can do this online
at: