[Support #XIJ-277162]: ldmd.conf

> > I am forwarding a request from Dr. James concerning the data we are
> > collecting from LDM. I am not sure how to setup our ldmd.conf file to
> > collect this data. I have attached the ldmd.conf file. Any help you
> > could give us would be appreciated.
> > Data we want (that we are not currently receiving) through LDM:
> >

> > * Only Flagstaff, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, and Saint George
> > WSR-88D radar data
> > * NOWRAD radar images from across the entire continental U.S.
> > (either 6-km or 1-km resolution)
> > * Eta, AVN, and GFS computer model output (not RUC)
> > * 1-km visible satellite imagery for the southwestern U.S.
> > (GOES-10)

Tony,

Here are the request patterns for the above:
request NNEXRAD "/p...(FSX|ESX|IWA|ICX|EMX)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request FNEXRAD ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request HDS "/m(NAM|GFS|SSIGFS)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request NIMAGE "GOES-10/VIS.*WEST-CONUS" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Looking at your ldmd.conf file, your NNEXRAD pattern should get at least those
stations, but since you are not anchoring on the "/p" pattern, you could get
unexpeceted additions.

The FNEXRAD pattern will receive the Unidata generated radar mosaics. The
Actual term "NOWRAD" is a WSI copyrighted product that you would have to buy
from them.

Your HDS problem stems from the fact that you were matching on /mETA, /mAVN and
/mSSIAVN which are all antiquated. You need NAM and GFS strings. In the above
samples, I places idd.unidata.ucar.edu, but of course that could be any
upstream host you have been assigned, including the db.erau.edu site.

You are requesting the UNIWISC data, which is th mcIDAS area files (top
resolution for
visible imagery there is 4km). In the NIMAGE example I show, that will obtain
the
1km remapped GINI/AWIPS imagery.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport