[IDD #DDH-304651]: latentcy problems between idd.unidata.ucar.edu and freshair.atmos.washington.edu

> As I dig into this further, I become more confused!  From what I am
> reading, TCP congestion control is on the sending side of the
> connection.  So why does the congestion control scheme I am running have
> any effect on the data I am receiving?
>
> Unidata IDD Support wrote:
>
> >Hi Harry,
> >
> >re:
> >

> >>If you have the time and the machines, it would be interesting to try the
> >>different congestion schemes available in the newer kernel.  One of them
> >>may be
> >>better.

Hi Harry,

Latencies to freshair seem to normalized, I suspect we will be doing some
testing of these various kernels for our cluster development, and we can keep
you posted as to what we find out.

Let us know if oddities arise in your feed again, otherwise at this point, I am
closing this ticket.

Cheers,

> >We have two machines identical to the three acting as the cluster data
> >servers, so we will be able to experiment.  This will need to be included
> >in our revisiting use of Solaris 10 and FreeBSD 5.3.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Tom
> >****************************************************************************
> >Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program
> >(303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box 3000
> >address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307
> >Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> >Ticket Details
> >Ticket ID: DDH-304651