[IDD #KYN-257934]: LDM feed to allegan and webcat

Hi John,

re:
> It appears that allegan and webcat have lost their LDM feeds for FSL2,
> HDS, and UNIWISC from aeolus.ucsd.edu do you know if this system is
> expected to be back up soon or if we can get a feed from an alternate
> source?

A couple of observations after logging onto allegan and webcat:

- allegan was attempting to feed from nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu, not
aeolus.ucsd.edu.
  Did you change this?

- since webcat feeds from allegan, once the feed(s) to allegan were restored,
  webcat's ingestion resumed

I setup allegan to redundantly request UNIDATA|FSL2 from two new sources:

unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
rossby.met.sjsu.edu

The redundant feed requests will allow you to continue to get the data
in the face of upstream outage by either (but not both) feed sites.

> The following feeds seem to be working fine:
> NNEXRAD - data still appears to be coming in from idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> NLDN - OK from striker2.atmos.albany.edu

Very good.

> Thanks for any help you can provide,

No worries.

A request and heads-up:

In the future, please send requests like this to:

Unidata IDD Support <address@hidden>

The support mailbox at Unidata is monitored by several of us, so requests to
it are much more likely to get a faster response than emails directly
to individuals.

We are transitioning to a new inquiry tracking system here at Unidata.
It will help us help you faster if you can send emails to topic-specific
email addresses.  My request for you to send an email to 'support-idd'
is an example of a topic-specific address.  Others would be 'support-mcidas'
for McIDAS inquiries, 'support-ldm' for LDM inquiries, etc.  These messages
will be automatically forwarded to our new inquiry tracking system and you
will receive a message confirming their receipt.  Unidata staff responsible
for the particular topic will be alerted that a new inquiry has been submitted,
and action will be taken.  Since we know that you have no apriori way of
knowing what the list of possible topics is, any email sent to the generic
support address <address@hidden> will also work, but not as fast.

We will be publishing information about the transition to our new
tracking system in an upcoming eletronic newsletter which will be emailed to
users and made available through our web portal: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: KYN-257934
Department: Support IDD