[IDD #SKM-230294]: ldm CONDUIT feed missing

Hi David,

Looking at latency charts for IDS|DDPLUS:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+twister.millersville.edu

and at

CONDUIT:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+twister.millersville.edu

and knowing you can do a "notifyme" to idd.unidata and see the CONDUIT data, we
come to the conclusion
that there may (probably is) be some volume shaping of your data ingest...or
your pipe is full.

Note how the latency is hovering around zero for IDS|DDPLUS barring the times
that it coincides with CONDUIT transmission, and that CONDUIT always has a high
latency other than at the very start of the model runs.

We suggest contacting your IT dept and question there use of volume or "packet"
shaping on port 388 (the LDM port), and encourage them to open that port wide
open!

Also, what is your queue size?...we see you are ingesting up to 2.5 GB/hour
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/rtstats_summary_volume?twister.millersville.edu

It would be desirable to have a couple of hours, or a minimum of an hour, of
data in your queue, so if your queue is smaller than 2.5GB it could become
problematic.

Ticket ID: SKM-230294
Department: Support IDD