20051216: UNCC LDM Machine added to IDD

>From: "Mike Dross" <address@hidden>

Hi Mike,

>We have our LDM/N-AWIPS server installed and ready to receive IDD data.

Sounds good.

>Here is the hostname and IP address.
>
>briandukepc.uncc.edu
>152.15.145.252
>
>Can you add this machine to the proper upstream relay?

I am CCing Art Person of Penn State on this email.

Art,

Can you add the UNCC machine to the allows on your relay machine?
Thanks!

Mike,

I have added the UNCC machine to the allows on three top level relay
nodes in the IDD:

atm.geo.nsf.gov
idd.unidata.ucar.edu
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu

I would prefer that you feed from Penn State (after Art sets up the
necessary allow lines), but you can use the others as failover sites or
feed from them until Art's machine is ready to support you.

Who will be the IDD contact at UNCC, Brian Etherton?  We need to update
our site contact list with the name, email address, and phone number
of the "official" IDD contact at each institution.

>Thanks,

No worries.

>From address@hidden  Mon Dec 19 11:40:23 2005

>Tom, Mike,

>You should be all set to feed from PSU (ldm.meteo.psu.edu).

>Art.
>Arthur A. Person
>Research Assistant, System Administrator
>Penn State Department of Meteorology
>email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

>From address@hidden  Mon Dec 19 16:50:16 2005

Thanks, We hope to have the IT people setup the firewall this week to start
feeding data.

Mike