20051212: Unidata-Wisconsin top level IDD node downtime

>From:  Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>

Hi Gabe,

re:
>This may be the perfect time to check how Ohio State can work as an
>alternate.  If you want me to add an allow for you, let me know.

>Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:32:24 -0500 (EST)
>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>
>To: antidd group <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20051212: Unidata-Wisconsin top level IDD node downtime
>
>Nevermind.  I didn't do a very good job of reading the email...not the
>AIDD machine...still, my offer stands.

Thanks for the offer!

I guess my notice was not quite clear enough:

unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu is the machine on which the Unidata-Wisconsin
IDD imagery (IDD feed type UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS)) is created and
injected into the IDD; there is no other source for this data.  While
the machine is down from maintenance, the Unidata-Wisconsin images will
not be generated, so they will not flow in the IDD.

Also, while the machine is down, the images in the GOESEAST, EAST, and
WEST ADDE datasets hosted on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu will not be
available.  To my knowledge, no other site has these imagery available
via ADDE.   HOWEVER:  if I am incorrect in my assumption, I would love
to know!  If you have full GOES-East/West imager/sounder imagery
available through ADDE, and you are willing to let Undiata community
site have access to the data, I would love to add you to the list of
Publically Accessible McIDAS ADDE servers:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html