20051130: CONDUIT feed question

Kevin,

The GRIB data is that between the GRIB.....7777 section.

The NOAAPORT feed is wrapped with a WMO FOS style broadcast wrapper
which is the SOH \r \r \n SEQNO \r \r \n beginning and
\r \r \n ETX at the end.

The CONDUIT data is GRIB data from a file which hasn't been broadcast with a
WMO header. This would be the same as ftp'ing one of those files from the NWS
server and decoding the products from the file.

Any software which processes GRIB data should look for the GRIB sequence, and
then
determine the GRIB version, and product size from the message and check for
the 7777 string at the appropriate location. The FOS wrappers are outside
of the GRIB packet, so should be just bytes skipped over by a decoder.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support