20050410: NEXRAD Composites on atm.geo.nsf.gov

>From: address@hidden

Hi Jim,

>The subject composites stopped processing around 10/2030Z today.
>atm.geo.nsf.gov seems to be alive.

I just logged onto atm.geo.nsf.gov to check to see if anything was
wrong by checking in the receipt of the 1 km N0R national composites
and found that they were coming in OK.  I then took a look at the real
time statistics pages for pscwx and saw that it is requesting the data
from unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.

It appears like some consolidation I was making in the request lines on
unidata2 this morning accidentally left out the FNEXRAD feed, so your
outage was caused by me.  I just corrected the mistake and the images
are once again flowing into unidata2.

You can recover the images you missed from the short term "archives' on
motherlode.ucar.edu:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu

  Access Data Archive
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/index.html

     Raw [unconverted] data archives
     http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/raw_data.html

       gini
       http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?raw/gini

The composites you missed are available in the RADAR/* subdirectories
of the daily archive directories:

gini_20050410 -> RADAR -> 1km, 2km, 4km
gini_20050411 -> RADAR -> 1km, 2km, 4km

The access information you will need to grab the images is:

user: unidata
pass: lotzodata

I sincerely apologize for my screw-up!