Re: The saga of the new UPS

Hello all,
We have been advised that the part for the new UPS will be available
on Monday. Powerware is planning to be here late morning on
Tuesday, 22 February to install it and activate the UPS.
No downtime is expected. Dee

Dee Wade wrote:

Sorry to say the new UPS is not online yet.
Powerware had to order a part.
Hopefully, there will not need to shut the power down
when it is fixed and turn on.

At this time we do not know when that will be. We'll let you know, when we know.
Dee

Dee Wade wrote:

The power to panels 1 and 3 is going down at 3:00pm
If you have machines on these panels you should shut them down now.
Dee

Dee Wade wrote:

The folks from Powerware will be here tomorrow, Thursday 2-10-05, to activate the new UPS. The current plan is that this should happen about 1:00pm. They will arrive in the morning to do their inspection of the wiring etc. If all goes well you will not notice anything, but there is always the possibility
of an error or a problem may be discovered, resulting in power loss.

If you are extremely concerned by this, you may choose to bring your system down
in the morning until this work is done.
Machines affected will be the same as those from last week; those machines
powered from panels 1 and 3.
We will update you tomorrow if there are any changes.
Dee

--
Dee Wade Program Manager
McIDAS User Services and SSEC Data Center          Voice:   608.263.0527