20041115: List Of Level II Users and stats

Hi Tim,

Let's use UAH for an example:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php

we will scroll down to find:

edu.uah.nsstc

                         aqua.nsstc.uah.edu [6.1.0]

The domain has been parsed to indicate the suffix first ".edu"

We then select the machine name at that domain of interest:

aqua.nsstc.uah.edu [6.1.0]

At this point, if you desire to know where each feed listed is coming
from, select "topology".

For this site we see:

FEED NAME

 FNEXRAD
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 GPS
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 HDS
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 IDS|DDPLUS
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 NEXRAD2
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 NIMAGE
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 NNEXRAD
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology
 UNIWISC
               latency
                     log(latency)
                             histogram
                                     volume
                                          products
                                                topology

Each feed ~could have a unique topology, and definately will with
propriatry data (FNMOC,CMC,NLDN,ACARS, etc...)

So let's choose NEXRAD2 to explain what you are seeing, so select the
topology link from the NEXRAD2 feed..patience is now needed :)..or humm
the jeopardy theme..

Here we see:

0 aqua.nsstc.uah.edu
        1 152.53.28.21 [no stats] [redundant loop]

        1 152.53.28.20 [no stats] [redundant loop]

        1 152.53.28.19 [no stats] [redundant loop]

0 indicates home hop..

1 indicates next hop, etc...

So we can see here that aqua is getting NEXRAD2 via 3 machines..all of
these are at the ERCWC..

(jweber) laraine:/home/jweber 25 % awhois 152.53.28.21

OrgName:    North Carolina Research and Education Network
OrgID:      CNRT
Address:    PO Box 12889
Address:    3021 Cornwallis Rd.
City:       Research Triangle Park
StateProv:  NC
PostalCode: 27709
Country:    US

I hope this helps explain the way stats are read..please feel free to
contact us/me with any questions you may still have.

Cheers,

Jeff