bigbird

All,

I ran out of time, so Bigbird is back, as an over-priced uniprocessor system, for the time being. When we tame the SMP bugs in the 2.6 kernel, we can try again, but I believe we've enough horse-power to forge ahead here for the time being with a single processor system.

IF that turns out to not be the case we can look at other options. I had real heartache getting the XFS filesystem to work with the 2.4 kernel, even though it's in the RH/Fedora Core distro as a kernel option. With a lot going on, I couldn't dedicate as much of me... or even of a grad student as I wanted.

I've got the last build of LDM going. We'll see if it rolls over because of large file support being built in; there is a gcc3.3 problem logged about that, so I think it's real.

If that turns out to be the case, Tom, you or I can try to sneak in to rebuild ldm with "normal" options.

Anne, the config for INND is on the 'Bird, but it's not config'd I decided I could save you a little time, but likely you would/should check it.

Sorry it took so long to get to this point.

Regards,
Gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020

From address@hidden  Fri Oct 22 08:19:53 2004

re: ldmd.log errors (discussed in a phone call)
Found bug; eradicated same.

Thanks, Gerry