20040706: trouble with nldn data

>From: "Frank Colby" <address@hidden>

Hi Frank,

>Since late May, we have not been able to connect to striker at SUNY
>Albany -- any idea why this might be so?

Striker was decommissioned.  A new machine, striker2 took over striker's
NLDN feed duties; it should be setup to allow the same UML machine
that was feeding from striker to request the NLDN feed.

>Did we miss a dns name change or something?

Yes, there were at least a couple of announcements sent to the
ldm-users email list advising folks of the machine change before it
happened.  I see that you are subscribed to the ldm-users list, so you
should have gotten the message.

>Frank Colby
>UMass Lowell
>
>Jul 06 13:13:08 graupl striker[1212]: ERROR: requester6.c:459;
>ldm_clnt.c:258: C
>ouldn't connect to LDM 6 on striker.atmos.albany.edu
>Jul 06 13:13:38 graupl striker[1212]: Desired product class:
>20040706120325.110
>TS_ENDT {{NLDN,  ".*"}}
>Jul 06 13:18:15 graupl striker[1212]: ERROR: requester6.c:459;
>ldm_clnt.c:258: C
>ouldn't connect to LDM 6 on striker.atmos.albany.edu
>Jul 06 13:18:45 graupl striker[1212]: Desired product class:
>20040706120325.110

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas