20040525: Questions about MPS300-based NOAAPORT ingest system (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Bob,

I dug up the login information for datoo and have begun looking at the
situation with the MPS300.  I see from repeatedly running:

commstats -s mps300 -S mps

that the fail numbers are, in fact, climbing steadily.  I also see that
the load average on datoo is low, so the problem is most likely not one
of CPU starvation on the ingest side.  I will be getting together with
our system administrator, Mike Schmidt, tomorrow (hopefully) to discuss
the possible causes of the ever increasing fail numbers that commstats
is reporting.

One quick question:  have you reset (power cycled) the MPS300 as part of
your troubleshooting?  If not, it may be a good idea to try shutting
it off for a bit and then turning it back on.

More to come...