20030929: switch feed from squall.atmos.uiuc.edu to flood.atmos.uiuc.edu

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Bill, Bret, and Paul,

A couple of items:

- During an email exchange I had this morning with David Wojtowicz of the
  University of Illinois (<address@hidden>), I found out that a machine
  you are feeding from, squall.atmos.uiuc,edu, was never suppose to feed
  downstream sites outside of U Illinois.  David will be shutting off
  non-UI allows on squall in the near future.  Given this situation,
  please change your data requests that are currently pointing at
  squall.atmos.uiuc.edu to flood.atmos.uiuc.edu.

- We see that pluto is still running LDM-6.0.10.  There was a significant
  change in the connection stragegy between LDM-6.0.10 and LDM-6.0.14:
  LDM-6.0.10 would first try to connect to an upstream site using LDM-6
  protocols, and, if the connection attempt failed for any reason, drop
  back to using LDM-5 protocols.  When an upstream LDM-6 is stopped
  and restarted while a downstream is connected, the connection can
  switch from use of LDM-6 protocols to LDM-5 protocols, and the
  feed will become less efficient for both the upstream server and
  downstream client.  Given this situation, we are asking you to
  upgrade the LDM installation on pluto to 6.0.14 as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance for helping out with the above two items!

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas