20030618: troubleshooting slow HDS link from seistan to tornado@ulm

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Bob,

Steve Emmerson relayed the information that LSU is not placing any
special traffic shping controls on port 388 or any of the hosts that
you are communicating with, and yet it is virtually impossible to
reliably receive the HDS feed from seistan at tornado.geos.ulm.edu.

Given this dilemma, we would like to be able to logon seistan as 'ldm'
and run some test to/from tornado and to/from one of our LDM machines
here at the UPC.  Can you give me the 'ldm' login password to seistan
and sirocco?  If yes, please send it/them to my private email address,
address@hidden, without specifiying the account or machine
name(s) it/they are for.

Thanks in advance!

Tom