20030526: UFRJ Brisa LDM latency behavior and GOES-12 image sectors

>From:  David Garrana Coelho <address@hidden>

Hi David,

>       I'm writing to ask you about the strange behavior of LDM latency
>on brisa last days. It appear to be "drifting up" linearly in time, I
>just checked brisa on clock skew (clock is ok), even rebooted the machine,
>but no effect so far.

I just plotted the latency for IDS|DDPLUS and see a return to very low
latency after some event.  I would normally assume that the event is
your reboot of brisa.  This seems to match since I just logged onto
brisa and see that it has been up for just over 9 hours.  Are you sure
that the clock was not drifting?

>       I noticed we are missing HDS data feed as well. Its some change
>you made?

No, I did not make any changes to the ingestion on brisa.

>Are we missing any observational data from now on, or its
>contained in FSL2/IDD|DDPLUS feeds?

Global observational data is contained in the IDS|DDPLUS feed.  I never
was sure why you were getting the FSL2 feed since this contains data
from the wind profiler network that is located mostly in the
continental US.

I can't explain the HDS feed interruption.  I will take a look at this
tomorrow (today (Monday) is a holiday here in the US).

I have been working on getting the North and South American sectors of
GOES-12 merged into single images for easier sectorization.  I thought
I had this working yesterday evening, but the file system on the
machine that the sectors are being created on filled, and I had to
spend this morning fixing the cascade of problems that were caused by
the fill.  I just logged onto the machine creating the composites
and think I see that things are working as desired.  If this really is
the case, I will be turning on image sector creation for Belem, Rio,
and Buenos Aires tomorrow morning.

>       Best Regards,

More tomorrow...