20030404: 20030402: higher temporal resolution of GOES

Mike,

(I've been out of the office)

We should get you upgraded to LDM6, since you really will need the
additional horsepower for big images.

The GINI images are carried on NOAAPORT channels 1 and 2
and we have these in the NIMAGE feed....which due to the bandwidth
and LDM5 limitations is not being distributed widely at this time.

The CONUS products generally have 1km resolution for VIS,
and 4km resolution for IR. GOES10 (west) is 8km WV, while the newer
CGOES12 (east) has a 4km WV.

I would guess we would point you to atm.geo.nsf.gov initially for
NIMAGE and leave your other feeds as they are now). But first,
lets get you up to LDM6.0.10
(ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/ldm-6.0.10.tar.Z)
and make sure you have the ldm-mcidas decoders with pngg2area
(ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/....os.../ldm-mcidas.tar.Z).
                       "os" for you is probably sunos_5.8-sparc

Chiz

Steve Chiswell