20030422: Changes at LSU; upgrade to LDM-6

>From: Robert Leche <address@hidden>

Hi Bob,

Along with the relocation of your IDD/LDM machines, we would really
appreciate an upgrade from LDM-5 to LDM-6 (6.0.10 is the current
release).  The main reason for this is that LDM-6 is _MUCH_ more
efficient at moving data than LDM-5, so we want all top level and relay
machines to be running it.  Also, we are asking all sites running LDM-6
that are actively participating in the IDD to return real time
statistics to us.  This _really_ helps us keep an eye on the health of
the IDD, and will enable us to make intelligent decisions about
topology modifications.

As Anne told you the other day, I am more than happy to do the upgrade
to LDM-6 for you.  Since you don't have compilers on datoo, and since
we are not yet creating binary releases, I assume that the upgrade
would be on sirocco and seistan only.  The upgrade takes about 15 minutes
depending on how fast your system is (on fast systems the upgrade takes
all of 5 minutes).

Please let me know if you can incorporate an upgrade to LDM-6 in
your moving plans.

Thanks in advance...

Tom Yoksas