Re: Nexrad images (fwd)

Hello David,

Yes, this should all be quite do-able..

I have one main question:

Are you running GEMPAK?

and if not, are you willing to load?

This would allow you the easiest method of generating "AWIPS-like"
imagery.

I have attached a sample .gif of a N0R tilt from FTG (the front range
radar) generated via GEMPAK..

There is no Boulder radar...but Pueblo,Cheyenne, and Goodland
exist..Boulder uses FTG.

Let me know if this is close to what you have in mind.

Many features that are available (streets, cities, counties, rivers) are
not all included in this image, but is user configurable.

Also, since it goes first to postscript the background is white, the
default for the comp screen is a black background..

This will allow me some info on how best to proceed with getting you the
data in a useable format..

Thank you,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690