20030305: CONDUIT and ldm 6

>From:  Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Hi Harry,

>Has the ldm 6 been installed at NCEP?   We are seeing better performance on
>CONDUIT the past day.

No, not yet.  We wanted to be absolutely sure that the distribution we
ask them to install is bulletproof.  Also, Chiz has to get his
gribingest routine working with LDM-6 (no biggie), and I _think_ we
have to cut a binary distribution for them.  This will be a problem
since our AIX 4.3 machine (gale) bit the dust a couple of days ago
(disk; new one is on order).

LDM-6 is more efficient than LDM-5 even when running LDM-5 protocols.