** Downstream hostname change/check

Hi Pete:

I sent a note earlier about this, but I am still having
trouble feeding from your IDD site.  Your site is listed
as my primary node, but connection is still being denied.

About a month ago, our LDM server moved to a new host
and was renamed from "cirrus.geo.msu.edu" to:

   accas.geo.msu.edu

I am able to feed from my failover (flood.atmos.uiuc.edu)
and am able to from SUNY-Albany (striker.atmos.albany.edu)
for the NLDN feed, but I am not yet able to feed from your
site:

   sunset[21513]: FEEDME(sunset.meteor.wisc.edu): 7: Access denied by
remote server

Could you please check to ensure that "accas.geo.msu.edu"
is configured in your "ldmd.conf" file?   This isn't a
critical concern as we are able to feed from our failover
at the moment, but would like to get things sorted out.

If you get a chance to look at things, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

James T. Brown
UNIX Systems Administrator
Geography/Fisheries & Wildlife
Michigan State University

email: address@hidden

>From address@hidden Mon Feb 17 15:13:47 2003
>To: James T Brown <address@hidden>
>cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>Subject: Re: ** Downstream hostname change/check

Jim,

Sorry, life has been crazy here the last week or so, and I totally
glossed over your email about that.

I have you allowed now, let me know if it still doesn't work.

Pete

>From address@hidden Mon Feb 17 15:51:39 2003
>To: Pete Pokrandt <address@hidden>
>CC: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: ** Downstream hostname change/check

Pete:

> Sorry, life has been crazy here the last week or so, and I totally
> glossed over your email about that.

Certainly can understand and not a huge problem since we
have access to a couple of other sources including a
NOAAPort stream.  However, I was a little worried this
morning - our NOAAPort machine went down over the weekend
and I wasn't sure how long it would be offline.

> I have you allowed now, let me know if it still doesn't work.

Everything looks good!

Thanks for helping with the switch.

Jim
James T. Brown
UNIX Systems Administrator
Geography/Fisheries & Wildlife
Michigan State University
email: address@hidden

>From address@hidden Mon Feb 17 16:01:35 2003
>Subject: Re: ** Downstream hostname change/check

Jim,

Good to hear it's all working.

We do host an archive of the DDPLUS and HDS feeds that goes back
5-6 days. They are raw files, one per hour, that you can pipe
back through your LDM, kind of like an instant replay.

Feel free to use the archive if you ever lose data for a period
of time.  There is a HOWTO on the site that explains in some
detail how to do this.

The archive is hosted at profhorn.aos.wisc.edu, with a login of iddftp
and pw of IDDrulz

It is IP restricted, so I'd need to get some info from you about the
machine you'd be coming in from.

Pete