20021119: LDM/IDD setup at UBA (cont.)

>From: "Moira E. Doyle" <address@hidden>

Hi Moira,

re: Moira Doyle
>This an irish - argentine answering. You were right. My grandparents came
>out from the Esmerald Isle to the green pampas.

I guess the great majority of the world is immigrants!  My paternal
grandparents came from Lithuania and Latvia.  My maternal great
grandparents (or is it great great grandparents) came from England.
Its a small world :-)

>I asked about your question for your report and Marisa (I think she guided
>you around the Dept. when you came) said she would answer you.

Marisa did indeed guide me around your department.  At one point I had
her email address (I probably still do, but I can't lay my hands on it
just this second); can you give it to me?

>Today my administrator told me port 388 was ready for my use. I tried
>ldmping to atm.geo.nsf.gov and it worked ok. I will download the new version
>and try to get it to work as soon as I can.

Excellent.  By the way, I am working with the University of Rio De Janerio
to setup a top level IDD relay node for Brazil and Argentina.  I enabled
trixie in their ldmd.conf file, so you should also be able to do an
ldmping to them:

ldmping brisa.meteoro.ufrj.br

At some point, they will be you best source for realtime data including
satellite imagery sectors for Brazil and Argentina.