Re: data feed source request

Hi Chuck,

I am sorry I have strung you along..

The issue is that we prefer to have only one feed per institution, this
eliminates chewing up bandwidth, that is why we have you feed from:

ldm.meteo.psu.edu

Which feeds directly from motherlode or thelma (our machines) and fails to
iita.rap.ucar.edu

In theory, this should be sufficient for you as well, since you feed from:
ldm.meteo.psu.edu

However, I see ldm.meteo.psu.edu has had some latency issues lately.

We may want to investigate deeper the initial feed to PSU.

 Pennsylvania State
 University

 ldm.meteo.psu.edu

 Pennsylvania State
 University
 EMS Environment
 Institute

 catena.essc.psu.edu

 Pennsylvania State
 University
 Meteorology Research
 Group

 bricker.met.psu.edu

This is what PSU currently has running per our records, with
ldm.meteo.psu.edu being the "master" server. If one of the other dept's
has a faster/bigger machine we may want to re-evaluate the structure of
the feed.

Art,

Any input? I was seeing some strange NNEXRAD requests from
ldm.meteo.psu.edu it appeared as if you were only getting radar from
FTG|CYS|GJX but being a top tier NNEXRAD site:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/nexradFeed.html

For clarification:

navierldm.meteo is now ldm.meteo right?

It would be advisable to request NNEXRAD ".*" so downstream sites could
choose a smaller subset.

I know with the NMC2 (conduit) feed volume factors into the equation..

Thanks everyone,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690